For all B&B bookings made via this website, you are welcome to enjoy our traditional Japanese breakfast on each morning of your stay. Room Only bookings made on other websites are welcome to add a breakfast for an additional $35 per person. This must be reserved prior to arrival. The menus below are indicative and some variations may occur due to seasonal availability. We will happily discuss and accommodate most special dietary requirements.
The Shizuka Ryokan breakfast includes delicacies not commonly offered in Australia. Breakfast is a platter of foods that have been carefully selected to balance flavour, texture and appearance. The platter includes:
- Baked Atlantic salmon, lightly basted with a caramelized teriyaki glaze
- Slices of traditional tamagoyaki—Japanese omelette, prepared with sake, dashi stock and mirin
- Hijiki seaweed slowly simmered with shiitake mushrooms and seasonal vegetables
- Pickled and crunchy daikon radish slices
- Umeboshi, served whole with seed. The plums are grown here on Shizuka Ryokan and pickled locally
- Vinaigrette salad of wakame seaweed and cucumber, finished with freshly roasted sesame
- Sukiyaki infused pumpkin, topped with black sesame seeds
- Blanched green spinach, mixed with a sweet and nutty sesame paste
- Nutritious and delicious gobo burdock root
- Rich white miso soup, complete with wakame seaweed, shallots and tofu
- Premium Japonica rice
- Furikake rice topping, comprising toasted seaweed, sesame seeds and dried fish.
The following complementary beverages accompany breakfast:
- Japanese young leaf sencha green tea or genmaicha, or houjicha (low cafeine)
- English Breakfast/ Earl Grey tea and orange or apple juice are also available.