The simple beauty of the traditional Japanese decor soothes the senses. Delicate cups of fragrant green tea refresh the spirit. Relax against silken cushions and feel your cares float away.
The soft tatami matting is gentle underfoot as you cross to a panel of delicate shoji screens which slide open to reveal the serene beauty of your private Japanese garden. Here water flows softly and time passes slowly.
At night a new surprise awaits when, in traditional ryokan fashion, staff replace the tables and chairs in your room with authentic Japanese futon bedding. Placed directly on the tatami matted floor, your futon enables you to experience the centuries old tradition of Japanese style slumber.
Soak up the simple charms and timeless beauty of the ryokan experience as you luxuriate in your private Japanese bath. At Shizuka Ryokan, we provide every luxury our guests need to indulge in the sensual delights of the bath. Mineral bath salts, scented soaps, soft candle light and deep baths all ensure a truly indulgent experience.
Savour the crystal clear flavours of our traditional Japanese cuisine and surrender to the indulgence of our wide selection of spa and wellness services.
On a practical level, all guestrooms offer the following features:
- Hydronic heating (central)
- Split-system Air conditioning / Heating (individual to room)
- Ensuite with toilet and basin
- Deep soaking bath for two and separate shower and overhead rain shower
- Organic soap, bath salts, shampoo, conditioner and moisturiser made by our own aromatherapist
- Soft cotton yukata robes
- Mini-bar refrigerator
- Kettle with selection of teas and coffee
- Your choice of king or single size futon bedding