For all B&B reservations (available only with bookings made via this website), you are welcome to select either a continental or traditional Japanese breakfast to enjoy on each morning of your stay. Room Only bookings are welcome to add a breakfast for an additional $25. This must be requested prior to arrival. The menus below are indicative and some variations may occur due to seasonal availability. We will happily discuss and accommodate most special dietary requirements.
The Shizuka Ryokan breakfast includes delicacies not commonly offered in Australia. Breakfast is a platter of foods that have been carefully selected to balance flavour, texture and appearance. The platter includes:
- Baked Atlantic salmon, lightly basted with a caramelized teriyaki glaze
- Slices of traditional tamagoyaki—Japanese omelette, prepared with sake, dashi stock and mirin
- Hijiki seaweed slowly simmered with shiitake mushrooms and seasonal vegetables
- Pickled and crunchy daikon radish slices
- Yamamomo mountain peach, served whole with seed
- Vinaigrette salad of wakame seaweed and cucumber, finished with freshly roasted sesame
- Sukiyaki infused pumpkin, topped with black sesame seeds
- Blanched green spinach, mixed with a sweet and nutty sesame paste
- Nutritious and delicious gobo burdock root
- Rich white miso soup, complete with wakame seaweed, shallots and tofu
- Premium Japonica rice
- Furikake rice topping, comprising toasted seaweed, sesame seeds and dried fish.
You can opt for a continental breakfast featuring: a delicious and nutritious homemade cereal; fresh milk; natural yoghurt; a compote of stewed fruits served in a rich ginger juice; and hot toast with your choice of spreads.
The following complementary beverages accompany breakfast:
- Japanese young leaf sencha green tea
- Freshly ground and brewed coffee
- English Breakfast/Irish Breakfast/ Earl Grey tea
- Peppermint or chamomile tea
- Orange or apple juice.